Jersey City Police Department Waterfront Security Event: Community Policing Par Excellence
As the featured speaker I delivered a presentation titled Layoffs: An Alarming Trend Endangering Company and Community Safety. It identified serious issues in contemporary American society as well as practical solutions and responses including:
- A culture of callousness, violence and death
- Alarming rise of police fatalities
- Company and law enforcement layoffs
- Domestic violence spilling over into the workplace
- Virginia Tech lessons learned: principles of crisis planning
- Workplace violence prevention: warning signs and employee terminations
- Target hardening and security vulnerability assessments
- Threat assessment teams
As with all of my presentations, it concluded with a tribute honoring those making sacrifices serving our nation in the military, especially those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
The Jersey City Police Department, especially represented by East District Commander Captain Joseph A. Connors and Community Relations Officer Dina Reilly are to be commended for this initiative. It is a community policing program par excellence that fosters law enforcement partnerships with the entire Jersey City community.