Wednesday, October 22, 2014

AAA North Jersey Annual Community Traffic Awards Keynote

On Wednesday, October 22, 2014, I was privileged to deliver the keynote for the AAA North Jersey Annual Community Traffic Safety Awards Program at the Brownstone in Paterson, New Jersey.

Over 200 law enforcement officials and community leaders attended the event that recognized agencies dedicated to initiatives that save lives through traffic safety.

As the keynote speaker I used a metaphor to dramatize America's Head-On Collision-a crisis of character colliding with a culture of violence.

The police officers were commended for their dedication to saving lives by protecting and serving communities from throughout Northern New Jersey. I also encouraged them to remain vigilant and to protect, appreciate and build each other up through acts of leadership and collaboration.

A highlight of my day was when Police Officer Marco Clavijo approached me after my keynote and introduced himself as one of my students from my year as principal in a Passaic, New Jersey school in 1986. We had some great memories together and I had the pleasure of being introduced to his Passaic Police Department colleagues through his kindness.

Steve Rajczyk of AAA is deserving of a special commendation for his leadership with coordinating such an extraordinary event.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home